Schmidsendl in Lofer
The history of the apartment building
The Schmidsendlhaus was first mentioned historically in 1648 and was probably built in 1645. The house name "Schmidsendl" points directly to the former purpose of the house, because in the early years the house housed the village forge.
During 1950, the building was substantially extended, essentially acquiring its present appearance and since then, it has been managed as a bed and breakfast inn.
In 1994, the upper two floors were renovated and 6 apartments were added.
In the summer of 2008, the “van Loon" family assumed the management of historical building.
In 2011, both the private apartment, as well as the apartment building, were completely renovated. Since 2016 the apartment house has 10 apartments and 1 additional room.